Introduction to Rosehip Oil
What is it that is keeping the skin of all the famous personalities so smooth and blemish free? What is it that they all have in common? It has been said that they all use rosehip oil to maintain a smooth and acne or blemish free skin.
Due to its amazing healing properties, rosehip oil was used as a herbal remedy in the ancient ages by the Egyptians, Native Americans and many more. During the period of war in Britain, rosehip oil was converted into a syrup and sent across to Britain to ensure that the children out there in the war zone build resistance against various forms of infections. This syrup was prepared from the empty seed cases of a specific variety of rose. It is also known to provide relief from nausea, menstrual cramps, diarrhea, stomach cramps and indigestion. Rosehip oil is not an essential oil like the others, but it still has a lot of benefits which goes deeper than the skin.
Characteristics and Constituents of Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil comes from the seeds of a specific variety of rose called as Rosa moschata or Rosa aff.rubiginosa. Rose hips are the round portion of the rose flower just below the petals. The rose hip contains the seeds of the rose plant, that are left behind after the rose has flowered and the petals have dropped.
Heartburn Remedies Heartburn (🔥 Acid Reflux) | Heartburn Remedies Acid Refluxhow to Heartburn Remedies for The oil is harvested from the seeds of the rose bushes, which are majorly grown in the regions of Chile. This oil is full of vitamins and antioxidants, which are known to cure a number of skin related issues such as itchy skin, correcting the dark spots, maintaining a hydrated skin, and also reducing the scars and fine lines, which are the first signs of aging.
The oil is separated from the hips and the seeds with the help of cold-press extraction process. Refrigerate or store this oil in a cool place to prevent rancidity. Rosehip oil is extremely beneficial when applied externally on the skin, owing to the presence of constituents such as Vitamin C, E and B-carotene as well as essential fatty acids. The antioxidants and vitamins present in this oil increase the skin cell turnover and also help to fight off the free radicals.
Heartburn Remedies Instant Heartburn Relief (🔥 Simples Steps To) | Heartburn Remedies 10 Drinkshow to Heartburn Remedies for Due to the chemical structure of rosehip oil, it is also used for treatment as it is shown to possess healing properties. It is rich in fatty acids, specifically linoleic, oleic, gamma linoleic acid and palmitic acid. When the essential fatty acids present in the oil are applied on the skin, it quickly gets absorbed in the skin. These fatty acids then convert themselves to prostaglandins(PGE). PGE is said to be involved in regeneration of tissue and cellular membrane and hence, it can help to provide the benefits of anti-aging. As rosehip oil is also a rich source of vitamin C, it is now becoming a highly sought after plant sources for skin care regimes.
Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Anti-aging properties: One of the important benefits of rosehip oil is that it has significant anti-aging benefits for the face. This oil is not only rich in antioxidants, but also gets absorbed easily and penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin, thus helping you combat the aging effects. Rosehip oil is non-greasy and super light as compared to some of the other oils which turn out to be very greasy once applied.
Due to the presence of Vitamin A and C in the oil, it helps to stimulate the production of a hormone called collagen. The improvement in the skin’s texture and moisture levels is all thanks to Vitamin A present in the oil. This leads to reduction in fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Due to the skin rejuvenating properties in the oil, it is one of the perfect alternatives for those who are seeking to go for Botox or chemical products which can lead to further damage and harm to the skin. Rosehip oil is one of the best natural and safer solutions to help get the skin repaired and also restore its elasticity without the use of harmful chemicals.
- Immune system boosts: Vitamin C is known to help the body to fight against any kind of infections, and at the same time it promotes a healthy immune system. Being rich in Vitamin C, rosehip oil is a good option to use to keep the immune system strong and healthy. Also being an antioxidant, vitamin C is known to boost the production of collagen in the body. This is one of the important elements in the structuring of the bones and muscles. Also, one of the other benefits is that Vitamin C helps in proper absorption of iron which produces the red blood cells in our body.
- Moisturizer: Rosehip oil is high in essential fatty acids which helps in keeping skin hydrated. Mix rosehip oil with water and spray this mixture on the skin to lock in the moisture and keep the skin hydrated. This is especially good during summers when our skin loses moisture due to the outside weather.
Protects against age spots: UV rays are known to be very harmful for the skin and due to the exposure of the skin to these rays, it can lead to a lot of age spots and discoloration on the face. With the use of rosehip oil, the antioxidants which are present in the oil help to combat the free radicals which can lead to damage due to exposure to the sun.
Vitamin A combined with the essential fatty acids helps to improve the texture, pigmentation and skin tone to make it look more smooth and beautiful. One should note that too much exposure to the sun can lead to decrease in the production of collagen, hence Vitamin C which is present in the oil is known to counteract this damage to the collagen. The oil helps to remove any signs of skin redness or irritation due to the deep moisturizing effect it provides. Hence due to these properties, rosehip oil is known to be one of the possible cures or treatment for a medical condition called rosacea.
Heartburn Remedies Best Drinks For (🔴 Simples Steps To) | Heartburn Remedies Treatment Forhow to Heartburn Remedies for Dull hair: Having shiny locks is every person’s dream, but due to our lifestyle and the various harmful products we are surrounded with; this seems like an impossible dream. Hence, to reinvigorate dull looking hair, one can go in for rosehip oil.
Warm the rosehip oil and ensure it does not become too hot. Before you wash your hair, gently apply this warm oil on the hair and massage it with circulatory motion. Now, wash your hair. Rosehip oil is known to bring back the shine of the hair. Since rosehip oil is a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants, it is an ideal solution to get the bounce back in the hair.
- Reduction in osteoarthritis: According to a study, rosehip tea is known to be a great option in reducing the inflammation which is caused in the body due to various factors. If an individual is suffering from osteoarthritis, then a regular cup of rosehip tea can provide some relief from this condition and many others as well. The relief from inflammation can also be seen by adding a few drops of rosehip oil in bathing water.
- Reduces scars and helps with eczema: The rich essential fatty acids found in rosehip oil helps to treat scars and also reduce the effect of eczema. It leads to skin regeneration. The essential fatty acids which are also emollients, help to improve the flexibility of the skin and leads to self-skin repair. Vitamin A which is present in the oil plays a very important role in improving the texture of the skin as well as skin tone, making it smooth and shiny. The essential fatty acids are also known to reduce itchiness and the dry scalp conditions which are often the result of the use of chemicals, which are used in so many skin products or hair products.
- Dry hair: For those who have dry hair, managing it becomes very difficult. Hence, to keep away those bad hair days, one can use rosehip oil. Warm some of the rosehip oil in a bowl, ensure it should not be too hot. You can touch and make out if it is warm and comfortable enough for use. Then, slowly apply the oil in the hair and scalp and massage it gently with your fingers. Once done, leave it for about an hour and then wash the hair thoroughly. It will leave you with soft and revitalized hair.
- Nourishes brittle looking nails: We all would not want our nails to look lifeless and brittle. Rosehip oil comes to the rescue. Rosehip oil can help to nourish and hydrate the nails which are brittle, thus making them look strong and healthy again. For a week, just massage the nail with rosehip oil daily in the evening time or before going to bed and see the difference for yourself.
- Dandruff: Apart from treating dull and dry hair, rosehip oil is also known to treat dandruff and other scalp related issues. Massage warm, pure rosehip oil on the scalp, leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with a shampoo. You can see the difference for yourself. However, this should be done at least twice a week for a couple of weeks to see a difference.
- For young children and babies: Rosehip oil also has benefits which are seen for younger children and small babies. It can be used as a nourishing oil to soothe any dry patches on the skin. It also helps to treat diaper or nappy rash and cradle cap. You can gently massage two to three drops of warm rosehip oil on the baby’s skin and see the effect. However, first ensure to apply it on a small patch to avoid any side effects caused to the baby’s skin due to the oil.
Heartburn Remedies 7 Ways To Relieve (🔥 7 Home Remedies) | Heartburn Remedies 10 Drinkshow to Heartburn Remedies for Uses of Rosehip Oil
- Rosehip oil is very delicate and can easily become rancid, hence it is important to take good care of the oil. In some cases, to improve the shelf life of the oil, some people add vitamin E oil as well. This oil needs to be stored in a refrigerator or a cool dark place so as to avoid it from getting rancid.
- Rosehip oil is expensive as compared to other oils. It is a cold-pressed oil which means it has not been altered by any kind of heat and thus, most of the nutrients are retained in the oil making it extremely beneficial for a lot of purposes.
- Rosehip oil is often called dry oil because it gets easily absorbed in the skin. One can gently apply it on the face and slowly massage it with light movements.
- One can also use it in numerous skin care regimes. Apply this oil twice a day for added benefits. But one should note that it does not protect from sunburn, hence you would need to apply a sunscreen to save the skin from UV rays.
- Even though rosehip oil is known to prevent scars and acne, it should not be directly applied on any active acne.
- If one has oily skin, then always ensure to test the oil on a small area first so that it does not clog the pores leading to unwanted skin outbursts. Since this oil is termed as dry oil wherein it gets easily absorbed in the skin, it is mostly preferred for those individuals who have normal to dry skin.